Municipal auction a resounding success.
KOUGA Municipality’s public auction was a resounding success last week, with everything on offer finding a a buyer. A total of 141 lots went under the hammer at the Jeffreys Bay municipal depot in St Croix Street on Wednesday. Winning bids ranged from Rl00 for the cheapest lot to Rl90 000 for the most expensive. Each lot included a variety of items, including office equipment, refuse bins, bakkies, graders and a TLB. The auction drew countrywide interest, with the item that fetched the highest price of the day, a Komatsu TLB, being sold through Executive Mayor Elza van Lingen said the success of the auction exceeded expectations as most of the items, especially vehicles, had been standing redundant in the municipal depot for years. “The auction follows an earlier Council resolution to dispose of old and redundant items. “The money we made will contribute to wards the municipal budget and will assist with service delivery. “The figures are still being finalised, but we can safely say we made in excess of Rl, 5 million, after auctioneer costs,” said Van Lingen. The Mayor added that the auction was done in accordance with the municipality’s Supply Chain Management Policy, Section 43 (4) (c), which states, “The accounting officer must ensure that movable assets are sold either by way of written price quotations, a competitive bidding process or by public auction at the highest offered price, provided such price is market related.”
- 87 President Street, Erf 118, Portion 0, Bothaville R200,000.00
- Unit 49 SS Athos Villas, 173 Moritz Avenue, Halfway House Ext. 24, Midrand, Johannesburg R550,000.00
- Unit 46 SS Athos Villas, 173 Moritz Avenue, Halfway House Ext. 24, Midrand, Johannesburg R550,000.00
- (Deceased Estate) 2559 m² Vacant Stand in Lawley Estate, Unit 10 on Online Auction R130,000.00
- (Deceased Estate) 3371 m² Vacant Stand in Lawley Estate, Unit 40 on Online Auction R170,000.00
- Unit 1203 De Velde, 5 De Beers Avenue, Somerset West Central, Western Cape on Online Auction R1,900,000.00